Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Wednesday 17 September 2014

Nutella & Almond Pastry Lollipop

First Attempt: I was so generous, put too much Nutella it ended up so sweet so I made it like a lollipop for my boy. :)


First Attempt: See, the Nutella layer was too thick. 

First Attempt: Rolled up nicely :)

First Attempt: Nicely coated with Demerara sugar. 
After my first attempt, I didn't post the recipe on my blog because I made it too sweet and the pastry didn't puff up perfectly. 

I made this again today, my 2nd attempt. Not planned, as my plan is to let my boy bring the Lemon Chiffon Cupcake to school for snack. But he didn't like it, so I got to make another quick snack for him in the morning. Super rush morning for me as I need to cook his lunch, prepare snack and send him to school in just 90 minutes.

This time, I thought I can make it perfectly. I preheated the oven, made the pastry and turn off the oven and put in the pastry, temperature checked, all done. BUT.....I forgot to turn on the oven!! They had been sitting in the oven blowing with hot air (my oven is self cooling after turn off the heat) for about 5 minutes. Temperature is very important when baking pastry. Luckily they still puff up and edible. hahaha :) and the sweetness is perfect this time with very little Nutella used. The Demerara sugar made this pastry crispy even after 8 hours. I ate the last piece in the evening. It's so yummy! 

Ingredients:
1 Puff Pastry (Thawed for 5 minutes)
Some Nutella
Some Crushed Almond
Some Lightly Beaten Egg
Some Demerara Sugar



Method:
1. Spread some Nutella on the puff pastry.
2. Generously place some crushed almond on the Nutella spread.
The little hand was not helping today, he's just picking something to eat. :)
3. Roll up the puff pastry.




4. Brush some egg on top and drizzle some Demerara sugar. Be generous if you like it crispy!



5. Cut into 6pcs. Bake in a preheated oven 200'C for 15-18 minutes.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...