COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM
Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 400 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.
Tuesday, 2 September 2014
This recipe was modified from my Lemon Sorbet recipe. Just added some lemongrass to add the flavor. I used rock sugar this time because my boy tends to have phlegm after he ate the lemon sorbet. Yes, the rock sugar did made a difference. Don't ask me why, I do not know...I just remembered my mom used to cook sweet dessert (tong shui) with rock sugar with the same reason. If you want to know the reason, perhaps Mr. Google can help you with the answer...hahaha...when I'm free someday, I'll find out the answer.
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
6 Lemongrass (smashed)
2 1/2 cup Water
1 cup Rock Sugar
1 Lemon Zest
3 tbsp Lemon Juice
1. Combine lemongrass, sugar and water. Transfer to a cooking pot, slowly bring to boil.
2. Simmer with low heat for 15 minutes, stir in lemon zest. Simmer another 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat, set aside to cool.
4. Add in lemon juice, strain and pour into a freezer safe container.
5. Let it freeze.
6. Before serving, put it in a food processor or blender, blend it. Served chilled.
7. Or store in freezer until time to serve.