Last week, I bought a pack of Reese's peanut butter chips. Looks tempting to me as I like Reese's peanut butter candies. Can't wait any longer to add this yummylicious chips in my food. Made this Banana & Peanut Butter Chips for Saturday's breakfast.
I don't 'create' scone's recipe. This recipe was adapted from PrettySimpleSweet's Banana Chocolate Chips Scones. It's yummy!
1 cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 tbsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
40g Butter (chilled, cut into small cubes)
105g Thickened Cream
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 Banana (small chunks)
1/4 cup Peanut Butter Chips/ Chocolate Chips
2 tbsp Thickened Cream
Demerara Sugar for sprinkling, before and right after baking.
1. Preheat oven to 200'C.
2. Mix (A) in a mixing bowl. Add in butter and mix with hand till it forms crumbs.
3. Add in (B). Mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
4. Stir in Peanut Butter Chips.
5. Line a parchment paper on a baking tray. Scoop the batter and gently place on the lined tray.
6. Brush thickened cream on the top of each scone.
7. Sprinkle demerara sugar on top.
8. Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown. Sprinkle some more demerara sugar on top.