This time, I have used american recipe's cream cheese which also turned out smooth and creamy. I also reduced the amount of gelatin used in the original recipe. This would make the cheesecake less 'rubbery'. Well, it turned out really good, more smooth in texture probably it's because I strained the mixture before it set.
Different flavor this time as I used the Ribena Blackcurrant & Apple Cordial instead...not that I wanted to change the recipe, I bought new flavor because my son wants the free lunch box attached on it. Huh...what a good marketing strategy!
I'm totally satisfied with my modified version of Ribena Marble Cheesecake. Made 4 mini cheesecakes today, all gone on the next day.
For more 'rubbery' texture cheesecake, refer to The Original Ribena Marble Cheesecake .
150g Digestive Biscuit, finely crushed
60g Butter, at room temperature
1.5 tbsp Gelatin
227g Cream Cheese, at room temperature
65g Caster Sugar
230ml Plain Yoghurt + 50ml in separate bowl
75ml Ribena Blackcurrant & Apple Juice Cordial/ or any of the Ribena Cordial
For four 4" mini cake pan
2 tsp Gelatin
80ml Ribena Blackcurrant & Apple Juice Cordial/ or any of the Ribena Cordial
For 9" cake pan
4 tsp Gelatin
160ml Ribena Blackcurrant & Apple Juice Cordial/ or any of the Ribena Cordial
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. Combine crushed biscuit and butter in a bowl. Spread onto a 9" cake pan/ four 4" mini cake pans (with removable base) or a metal ring and press down with the back of a spoon ( or with cleaned hand). Refrigerate till set.
|I made this in advance when my boy at school because he said he wants to make the cheesecake with me. And, he did! I never made this cheesecake alone. So, there's no in-progress picture of the cheesecake.|
|9" cake pan|
2. Measure water into a bowl and sprinkle in the gelatin (without stirring with a spoon). Set aside for 10 minutes. Place bowl in a larger bowl of hot water. Once the gelatin melts, remove from hot water and set aside to cool to room temperature. Discard about 1 tbsp of the gelatin liquid.
3. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth and creamy. Stir in gelatin liquid and 230ml yoghurt.
4. Measure out 300ml of this mixture into another mixing bowl and stir in 75ml Ribena cordial. Add the additional 50ml yoghurt into the remaining plain mixture. Strain both mixture into 2 separate bowls.
5. Spoon the 2 mixtures into the chilled crust. Level top and swirl a fork through the mixture to create 'marble' effect. Refrigerate until set. (About 2 hours)
6. Measure water into small bowl and sprinkle in the gelatin (without stirring with a spoon). Set aside for 10 minutes. Place bowl in a larger bowl of hot water. Once the gelatin melts, remove from hot water and set aside to cool to room temperature.
7. Stir in Ribena cordial and pour this over the cheesecake. Chill until set.
8. Serve chilled.
If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE & FOLLOW Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page to receive more recipe updates. Enjoy!
|The modified version has more 'purple' and the top Ribena jelly layer is thicker because we love RIBENA! No...I'm not advertising for Ribena, we really likes it :)|
Updated 5 August 2015,
Here's how I remove my cheesecake from the pan, the easy and perfect way!
Watch video tutorial
Photo Updated 5 August 2015 - Made with Oreo crust this time :) Hmm... Digestive biscuit taste better ;)
If you like my recipe, click here, follow Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page to receive more recipe updates. Enjoy!
Here are some feedback from those who have tried this recipe:
|By Chrislyn Lee|
|By Mae Koh|
|Chan Suet Mui|
|By Bryan Foo|
|By Pling Koo|
|By Bryan Foo|
|By Fiona Low|
|By Calyn Kuan|
|By Wah Li LiWah Li Wa wa|
|By Ericia Yeow|
|By Joanne Chua|
|By Shirley Huang Shuzhen|
|By Fawn Setoh|
|By Joanne Lee|
|By Zirui Jessica Sun|
|By Zirui Jessica Sun|
|By Serene Tan|
|By Chen Jiawen|