Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Saturday 9 August 2014

Sushi Rice (plain)


I do not have a rice cooker at home, I chose not to have one because I prefer to use steamer to cook rice. Today I cooked something new - Dingoozat's Honey and Parsley French Lamb Chop . I didn't follow any recipe, just made up my own...so I must have plan B just in case my lamb chop recipe failed, at least my little boy still have food for dinner. So I thought to cook some rice as back up plan, but I was too lazy to take out my steamer. 




I had put my plan B to risk....I cooked japanese rice/ sushi rice that I never cook before....another new food of the day. Actually I just realized I made a big mistake. The instruction on the packet is rice-190g, water -300ml, but ....








Anyone noticed what I had done wrong? hahaha... I only knew it few minutes ago when I started to upload my photos. That means the rice was just FINE! :)



Here's the step by step guide to cook sushi rice (I cut the measurement to 1/2 of the original one, for my own reference):

1. Wash 95g of sushi rice in cold water and drain.

2. Transfer to a saucepan with 150ml water. Let it soak for 30 minutes.
3. Bring to boil. (Reduce heat to 2, for induction cooker) Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and leave covered for 10 minutes before serving.


For sushi rice seasoning, refer Sushi Rice,seasoned without vinegar 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...