I personally DO NOT eat chicken breast. It's tasteless! and I do not like the rough texture of it....But when I buy the whole Kampong chicken, I will surely get the chicken breast. Sigh.... No other better option, I must think of ways to make it tasty so my boy and myself willing to eat it.
I normally used chicken breast to make nuggets, satay, rice ball and add it in the fried rice or noodle soup. This time, I made it a totally different way, mix with mayonnaise and roll it with rice. It was amazingly good and healthy for a quick brunch. And, it's super easy even my boy can make the chicken mayo.
Yeah, he got to reach kindergarten early today...What a rush morning and I have definitely no time to cook sushi rice. Just used normal rice for the roll. It was a little messy when I cut the roll because rice won't stick very well. Next time I'm gonna try this with sushi rice and seaweed...make the real sushi! :)
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1 bowl Steamed Rice
1 Large Egg (lightly beaten)
1/2 medium size Carrot (Peeled, finely shredded with grater)
2 slices Ham (Chopped, I used honey deli ham)
1/2 piece Steamed Chicken Breast (boneless, skinless)
4 tbsp Mayonnaise
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Pepper
1tsp Sugar, add to taste
Handful of Spinach
Oil for cooking
To cook omelette:
1. In a bowl, mix together beaten egg and shredded carrot.
2. Heat oil in a skillet pan, cook the omelette.
3. When the omelette is about to cook, add in chopped ham.
4. Flip over and turn off the heat. Let it cook with the remaining heat.
To make the chicken mayo:
5. Use a pair of scissors, snip the steamed chicken breast to fine pieces.
6. Add salt and pepper. Add mayonnaise and mix well. Add sugar to taste.
7. Use the broth from the steamed chicken breast to cook the spinach. In a saucepan, bring the broth to boil, if too little, add some water. Add the spinach and cook till soften. Drain and set aside.
To roll the rice roll:
8. Place a large cling wrap on the worktop. Spread the rice on the cling wrap with wet hands.
9. Place the omelette on the rice. Top with spinach and chicken mayo.
10. Roll up and shaped.
11. Remove the cling wrap. Slice and serve.