Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Saturday 9 August 2014

Honey & Parsley French Lamb Chop



This was my hubby's dinner. No side dish. Just LAMB. All gone in 5 minutes.

This was mine. More healthy right? because this was tonight's kid meal. 

This was the kid's dinner set. Served with Japanese rice and saute broccoli and mushroom.
My boy finished up all, he even took some from my plate.





Happy 49th Birthday Singapore! It's Singapore National Day today.... I was supposed to bring my boy to watch the NDP live but my hubby didn't want to go as we thought my boy might not be interested to see the fireworks. So I have decided to go shopping in the morning, then stay home in the entire afternoon to clean my boy's new wardrobe. 

I remembered I still have a packet of very fresh parsley sitting in my fridge. I bought the parsley few days ago, planned to make pot pie for my boy but didn't make it. So I suggested to buy a rack of lamb for dinner, just want to use up the parsley....I hate wasting fresh ingredients.

I seldom cook western food because my boy didn't like it when we eating out in western restaurant, even the reputable one. This was my first time cooking lamb rack, should I call this lamb lollipop or lamb chop maybe? Hahaha...if I named it lollipop, my hubby may not eat it :)

I came across some lamb chop recipes...I dare not use the recipes because they're not 'my son friendly' recipes.... He would prefer something with asian seasoning. So I have created this recipe, customized for my very 'localize' husband and son. 

I never expect it turned out so perfect. I even cooked some Japanese rice and vegetables as a back up plan just in cased my recipe fail. But, when the ribs were cooking in the fryer, my boy who were watching NDP in the living hall ran to the kitchen and asked me: Mommy what are you cooking? smell really nice! .... I was so happy that time but still dare not tell him anything because I really have no idea how would it be...until it's done. It came out so perfectly good. Moist and tender with a hint of parsley. We just ate it on it's own without adding any mint sauce or other dressing. I will definitely make this again on some of the weekends because a rack of lamb is a little too much for my boy and me. This meal, I got to cook for 3. :)



Ingredients:

(A)
1 pkt Fresh Parsley, 10g (Stem removed, finely chopped, about 1 heap tbsp)  

8 cloves Garlic (crushed, about 1 heap tbsp)


2 1/2 tbsp Soy Sauce 

1/4 tsp Crushed Black Pepper 

2 heap tbsp Honey

(B)
1 Rack of Lamb (Cut into 8 lamb chops, bone Frenched, done by butcher)

Some Salt/ Garlic Salt for seasoning

A large ziplock bag


No special ingredients used. I found this honey in the fridge and I want my lamb to taste a little sweet, just squeeze out 2 heap tbsp and mix with other ingredients. It was not runny at first, just mix together and it will turn runny after that.


If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.

如果您要分享此食谱,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!

Method:

1. In a bowl, mix all ingredients except salt.

2. Rub some very little salt on the lamb chops.

3. Put the lamb chops into a large ziplock bag. Pour in the seasoning, seal and shake until all the lamb chops are covered with the seasoning. Marinate for 1 hour.

4. Place the lamb chops in the fryer's pan. 



5. Cook for 10 minutes. Flip over and cook another 7 minutes. 

6. Serve warm. If you like my recipe, click hereLIKE & FOLLOW my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!



Some feedback from those who have tried this recipe:


By Hui Ting




By Christie Ong


By Casey Chong


By Hui Ting

By Catherine Gettings 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...