Today, I was struggled to think what to cook for dinner as I only have a piece of chicken breast in my fridge. My first thought was chicken nuggets, that's easy and yummy...but I had been making this quite often, almost once a week. So I was thinking to make something new... and this was it.. incorporated with my hash brown recipe, the Chicken & Cheese Hash Brown.
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1/2 Boneless Chicken Breast (minced)
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Garlic Pepper
1 tsp Corn Flour
1 Spring Onion (chopped)
3 tbsp Beaten Egg
Pinch of Garlic Salt
Handful of Shredded Cheese Mixture (Mozzarella & Cheddar)
1 tbsp Quaker Oats (optional, can be replaced with bread crumbs/ rice crumbs)
Flour for dusting
1. Add salt and garlic pepper to the minced chicken. Mix well.
|I minced the chicken breast by myself because I only buy kampong chicken for home cooked meals.|
2. Add in corn flour and spring onion. Mix well. Form a ball, lift up and throw back into the bowl. Repeat for few times. Set aside.
3. Peel the potato, shred with a grater. Squeeze shredded potato to remove the starch and dehydrate.
4. Add in the minced chicken mixture and mix well. Add in egg, garlic salt, shredded cheese and oats. If the batter is too runny, add more cheese. If too dry, add more beaten egg.
5. Use a spoon to scoop up the batter, dust with flour to make a small ball, gently press to flatten. (Today I was too rush, next time I'm going to make some animal/ alphabets shapes)
Cook with Tefal Actifry:
6. Grease the fryer's pan with olive oil. Place the hash brown on the pan and gently press down.
7. Spray a little olive oil (cooking spray) on top. Cook for 12 minutes.
Cooking with frying pan:
8. Heat the frying pan on medium heat. Add some olive oil and cook 2-3 minutes on each side until cook through, golden and crisp.