My hubby just downloaded a bbtv video - Who is hungry? Henry is hungry.... for my boy to watch in his Ipad. In this video, Henry was looking for blueberries for chef George to make blueberry biscuits.
And that's gave him an idea....he asked me to make blueberry biscuits for breakfast today... And so, I made this 'Starbucks' version scones for him. It's yummy!
Ingredients: (make 12 mini scones)
1 cup All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
3 tbsp Sugar
1/4 cup Unsalted Butter (chilled, cut into small cubes)
1/2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup Thickened Cream
1/2 cup Fresh Blueberries
1/2 tbsp Thickened Cream
Handful of Large Crystal Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 190'C.
2. Sift (A) in a mixing bowl. Add in butter and mix with hand till it forms crumbs.
3. In a clean bowl, mix (B) together.
4. Add (B) into the flour mixture. Mix till just combined.
5. Stir in blueberries.
6. Line a parchment paper on a baking tray. Scoop the batter and gently place on the lined tray.
7. Whisk the egg and cream. Brush on the top of each scone.
8. Sprinkle sugar on top.
9. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.