I made this colorful cookie bars for my son's birthday party in kindergarten. The original recipe of this cookie bars should be a little moist and chewy, but because I baked this 2 days in advance of his birthday party, I baked till it's crunchy in order to keep it longer. Well, I personally like the crunchy version more than the moist and chewy one.
1/2 cup Unsalted Butter (softened)
1 Large Egg
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup All Purpose Flour
14 Oreo Cookies (I use blueberry ice cream oreo, with a little minty flavor)
1/2 cup Mini M&M
1. Preheat oven to 180'C.
2. Whisk the butter and egg. Then whisk in brown sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
3. Add flour and stir until just combined.
4. Pour 1/3 of the batter into a lined baking tray.
5. Layer oreo cookies and pour the remaining batter over the cookies. Sprinkle M&M on top.
6. Bake for 20 minutes. (At this stage, cookie bars are chewy)
|The moist and chewy version|
For crunchy cookie bars:
7. Cut the completely cooled cookie bar into small squares.
8. Place on a lined baking tray. Bake at 130'C for 20 minutes. If you like my recipe, click here, follow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed.
|The crunchy version|