|My 2nd attempt on Ribena Marble Cheesecake|
(modified recipe with more PURPLE, my boy's special request)
This is the original recipe of the Ribena Marble Cheesecake, for softer and less 'rubbery' texture, refer to The Modified Recipe of Ribena Marble Cheesecake .
150g Digestive Biscuit, finely crushed
60g Butter, at room temperature
2 tbsp Gelatin
250g Cream Cheese, at room temperature
75g Caster Sugar
250ml Plain Yoghurt + 50ml in separate bowl
75ml Ribena Blackcurrant Juice Cordial
2 tsp Gelatin
80ml Ribena Blackcurrant Juice Cordial
1. Combine crushed biscuit and butter in a bowl. Spread onto a 20-22 cm tart pan (with removable base) or a metal ring and press down with the back of a spoon ( or with cleaned hand). Refrigerate till set.
2. Measure water into a bowl and sprinkle in the gelatin (without stirring with a spoon). Set aside for 10 minutes. Place bowl in a larger bowl of hot water. Once the gelatin melts, remove from hot water and set aside to cool to room temperature.
3. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth and creamy. Stir in gelatin liquid and 250ml yoghurt.
4. Measure out 300ml of this mixture into another mixing bowl and stir in 75ml Ribena cordial. Add the additional 50ml yoghurt into the remaining plain mixture.
5. Spoon the 2 mixtures into the chilled crust. Level top and swirl a fork through the mixture to create 'marble' effect. Refrigerate until set. (About 2 hours)
6. Measure water into small bowl and sprinkle in the gelatin (without stirring with a spoon). Set aside for 10 minutes. Place bowl in a larger bowl of hot water. Once the gelatin melts, remove from hot water and set aside to cool to room temperature.
7. Stir in Ribena cordial and pour this over the cheesecake. Chill until set.
8. Serve chilled.
|This is my first Ribena Marble Cheesecake (original recipe)|
Some feedback from those who have tried this recipe:
|By Bryan Foo|